Friday, April 20, 2012

Still not doing well - Friday night, quick update

Momma and I are sitting here after I just finished eating a whole can of food. I ate half a can of food this afternoon and some ice but kept half of it down during the last six hours. And this morning, I didn't want to touch any food.


I haven't been well at all since Tuesday night when I started to get sick again (after I had an ok Mon. and Tues, after the previous two weeks of a nightmare.).


I had to fast overnight in case the vet wanted to do blood tests on Wed.
And I haven't been well since.



Tuesday night, Wednesday afternoon and night, all day yesterday and last night, Momma's best friends were put to good use - Bounty and the WetVac. I just couldn't keep anything down. No food. No liquid. No medicine. 


I had her cleaning up a minefield of mess all over the kitchen and living room - all day and night. And then I pant and pace all the time, so Momma tried like crazy to settle me down. Didn't work, but at least I know she loves me.


When we saw the vet on Wednesday, she said that these are exactly the times when the feeding tubes would be used - for when I'm having my episodes and I can't keep anything down. Momma could still feed me by the feeding tube so I can still get liquid and nutrition. And then when I'm feeling better, Momma can feed me like normal.


But right now, we don't have the feeding tube so Momma has to keep trying to feed me the normal way - which obviously isn't working too well lately. These last 3 weeks have been so tough.


Momma will fill in more details about the vet visit tomorrow but she just wanted me to give a quick update and let everybody know that we are still hanging in here.


Tonight, both Momma and I wish we had that tube already. It would start to make me feel a lot better. If I could just eat and keep it in, then I can get back to my old self in no time.


Then it will be back to eating pot roast (I'll never stop dreaming), bossing Trot around and moving Momma off that couch - it's still mine, Momma!! Don't get too comfy!!


Cross your paws dinner stays well and we all can try to have a better night.


Woof!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you pal & sure hope tomorrow is a better day. Big hugs to you & your mom.

    Love, Arlie Jo & Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your love you two!! You're so sweet! Big love & Woofs!!

      Delete